Gemma is an Internationally qualified Personal Trainer with over 10 years of experience. She combines many exercise disciplines such as free-weights, kettle-bells, dynabands, body-weight functional training and pilates to create motivating and effective workouts for her clients. She also has in-depth nutrition knowledge and helps clients with their approach and attitude to eating.
If you are looking for a trainer to help you lose weight, improve cardiovascular fitness or train for a sporting event then Gemma has the expertise to help. She is also highly experienced at working with pregnant and post-natal women, and clients with other specialist needs such as diabetes, high blood pressure, joint problems/bad backs, and sporting injuries.
- REAL BALANCE GLOBAL WELLNESS SERVICES
- Certified Wellness & Health Coach
- Certified Group Wellness & Health Coach
- Certified Advanced Wellness & Health Coach (pending – will be completed by August 2019)
- THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF HEALTH & FITNESS
Certificate of advanced qualification – The Fitness Professional’s Guide to Lifestyle Wellness Coaching.
This, in addition to a nationally recognized fitness certification or athletic training certification, ensures the certificate holder is knowledgeable in the coaching approach to assisting clients in achieving personal health and wellness behaviour changes.
Attended the World Nutrition & Wellness Summit in San Diego in 2018 and achieved credit status.
Completion of a 14-week medically certified Mindfulness Course, 2016
- Internationally Qualified Personal Trainer since 2003 with certifications gained in the UK, Canada and America.
- Experience of working with clients with specific health conditions (often in tandem with medical professionals) including:
- heart surgery
- TIA and stroke
- breast, prostate, stomach, bone and ovarian cancer
- knee and hip surgery
- severe hypertension
- Type I, Type II and pre-diabetes
- skeletal fractures
- osteopenia & osteoporosis
- osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis
- Diverticulitis, IBS and ulcers
- Thyroid problems & other autoimmune diseases (Lupus/CTOS)
- Hernias and Pelvic Floor issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) International Personal Trainer
- ACE Programming for Special Populations
- ACE Exercise & Pregnancy
- ACE Pilates Mat Training
- ACE Chronic Musculoskeletal Challenges for 50+ Older Adults
- ACE Strength Programming for Older Adults
- ACE Understanding and Motivating Midlife and Older Adults
- ACE In-Home Training for Seniors
- BCRPA (Canadian) Personal Trainer
- RSA Aerobics and Group Exercise Teacher
- BAWLA (British) Free-Weights Instructor
- BAWLA (British) Gym Instructor
- Over 9 years’ experience of teaching Post-natal exercise classes alongside a Physiotherapy team.
Experienced in writing-delivering Exercise & Pregnancy Workshops (to both pre-natal women & Midwives)
- NUTRITION DIMENSIONS
Certified to work with clients in specialist Nutritional areas:
- Nutrition for Women – Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Nutrition for Women – Diet & Diseases of Lifestyle
- Advanced Functional Foods
- The Treatment of Eating Disorders